The Wallpaper Abyss API is an HTTP/JSON based API that allows you to build applications that interact with Wallpaper Abyss.
Terms and Branding
- The API is free to use up to 150,000 queries/month for commercial and non commercial use :)
- Do not create multiple API keys for any reason.
- You need to contact us before if you think you will go over 150,000/queries in a month so we can setup billing.
- Our current pricing above 150,000 queries/month is $0.05 for every 1000 queries, price is negotiable based on the type of site/app you are building.
- Please include A 'Powered By Wallpaper Abyss' link that links to
https://wall.alphacoders.com somewhere on pages that use our api. Place it wherever you want.
- If you want a solution without branding, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It's our goal to provide the API at cost, so rates are very low. We want you to still be able to make a living too :)
- Please post a feature request on our forums if you need more functionality.
- We ask that you not store results/content for more than a 24 hour time period. If you need to cache things longer, please let us know.
All calls must be made by using the link
https://wall.alphacoders.com/api2.0/get.php, arguments have to be passed as GET params. The response contains a JSON object, which will always contain a top-level boolean property
success, in case of failure the error property will contain a short error code.
"result": "the info you want"
"error": "en error occurred"
The selection of the method is done via the parameter called
and is required on all calls.
Existing arguments and errors are defined in the documentation for the relevant method.
You can test our API without a key! The two URLs below will work without a key:
Only those two exact urls/set of parameters will work without the use of an API key. If you're wondering whether you can consume our
api, the above two URLs are examples of the two types of pages you'll be pulling.
API authentication is achieved via an authentication key, every member can obtain a key via the following process.
- Your Alpha Coders Username. Please send the email from the email you are registered on Alpha Coders with.
- Your Name/Contact Info
- Description of your project - including any public links.
- Example of your 'Powered by Wallpaper Abyss' branding (can be a work in progress).
- Whether you expect your site/app could eventually go over the free tier (150,000 queries/month).
For item #4, the 'Powered By Wallpaper Abyss' branding, we realize that different API implementations may find this
difficult. Some examples are below:
If developing a mobile app or website, the normal branding option shouldn't be a problem
For bots used in Slack/Discord/etc If the image pulled links back to Wallpaper Abyss when clicked on, that would be OK as well
(please send us a small code snippet)
For something like a desktop wallpaper changer, we would require the branding to be placed where users find information to download your
application (this could be a public github repo page), and/or present when someone opened the application.